1) What is your vision for book club?
To read good books.
2) What do you hope to get out of the club? What do you hope to contribute?
To read good books. :o) Suggestions for good books.
3) Suggest one helpful guideline for discussion.
To have read the good books first.
4) What are a few of your favorite books?
Jane Eyre, Rora...
5) How much do you typically read? (for example: # of books/week or month or year)
One book a month
6) What is your most commonly read genre? what is your least favorite genre? What genre have you never really read (and maybe always wanted to..) ?
I read a wide variety; I enjoy motivational books and historical novels. Science fiction is my least favorite genre. I've never read horror, and really have no interest in it either.
7) What kind of books would you like to read in book club? More of your favorites? Something new? Any specific titles?
Rora :o) A bit of everything...
8) What characteristics does a book need to make it a good discussion book?
Needs to be well written, a little bit of controversy helps, possibly a hot topic...
9) Do you like to cook/bake? What are you favorite things to make/eat?
Yes. I prefer to cook savory foods rather than bake.
10) Do you like to experiment with new recipes, ingredients or cooking techniques? Would you like to cook/bake or eat new things in book club?
Yep! I like to try new recipes on people. :o) New and different is good.
11) What kind of menus would you like to see in book club? Would you prefer low-effort, simple snacks or more inventive meals? Or some of both?
Some of both.
12) Give an example of a book that you've read and a dish that you could serve with that book to enhance the experience.
Nothing comes to mind.
(PS, this was done by Michelle and Chandra together...and we might have had some wine first.) :o)