Sunday, January 17, 2010

Food for Thought -- Chandra

Here is some "Food for Thought:"

1) When you think healthy food, what is the first food that comes to your mind?
Brown rice -- which I happen to like. :o)

2) What is the strangest food you've ever eaten?
Ummmmmmm...I'm not really into strange food. The most bizarre was perhaps the buns in the Dominican Republic on our Faithworks trip in 1997 -- which had live ants inside of them. Yuck!

3) Name one healthy food that you could eat every day.
Chocolate. What, it's supposed to be good for your heart!! Otherwise, yogurt.

4) Name one healthy food you know you should eat, but just can't stomach.
Fish. I like canned tuna, but that's it.

5) On a scale of 1 to 10, how healthy do you think you eat? (1 being nothing but McD's and potato chips, 10 being nothing but health food)
Tough one. Meals are about an 8 or 8.5; salad with most meals, whole grains, steamed veggies, etc... But there's a lot of chocolate and chips in the house that call my name, much as I struggle to resist. (BTW, these items are brought in by Pete, not me!) But we eat a lot of fruits and veggies for snacks as well.

6) Organic - better for you?
I couldn't care less...to be totally honest!! :P Probably should care, but I just don't...

7) Local - better for you?
Fresher, anyway, which probably equates to better.

8) Home grown/home made - better for you?
Definitely. Tastier, too.

9) Ever tried a fad diet? How did it work out for you? Would you do it again?
Cabbage soup. Slim fast. I think that's it. Neither worked. Weight Watchers works...if I do it right...

10) What is one thing that you would like to change this coming year to eat healthier?
Refuse to answer when the junk calls my name.

Bonus points: name any book (or cookbook?) that inspires you to eat healthier.
Well, certainly not Gesundheit! I'm finding this very painful slogging through it... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!