Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hospitality Questionnaire - Erin

1. How often do you have company in your home (per week/month/year)?

We have company about a couple of times a month. It seems like almost every weekend in the summer.

2. What do you enjoy about hosting? What do you dislike?

I enjoy having a busy house and seeing other enjoy themselves. I love to sit and chat with people and i love to bake.

I'm not a huge fan of cooking and end up stressing a bit about what to make for dinner if they are dinner guests. I always want to make something that is slightly different (not extravagant), and then stress about making sure there is enough food (with paul saying that it would be too much food).

What i dislike about it is i feel like i don't get the chance to sit and chat and really visit. Between getting things ready and dealing with kids it sometimes feels like i haven't been able to have a good conversation with anyone (but i know that will change as the kids get older).

3. Name 2 things that you do for company/before company arrives, that you rarely/never do otherwise?

Before company arrives i mostly tidy up the kids toys, and clean the kitchen counter. I also straighten out the couch cushions. When we were first married i used to make sure the house was spotless. Clean like crazy, wash all the floors etc. I have since learned to let that go and make sure everything is clean, but not spotless.

4. What is on your "last-minute check list" right before the door bell rings?

Again this is just throwing some of the kids toys upstairs. I also have a kid that doesn't flush so i really should go around and check the toilets. I'll be adding that one to my check list.

5. What is your favourite "event" to host? (for example: coffee, a meal, evening, over-nighter, family/friends, outdoor/indoor, casual/formal...etc)

I love casual outdoor bbq's in the summer. I also like having people over for coffee. When my kids are old enough i think sleepovers would be fun.

1 comment:

Tell us what you think!