Monday, July 26, 2010

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton


I finished Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden a few weeks ago, but the story has stuck in my mind ever since. It's definitely the best book I've read in awhile.

From the first few pages, I was totally absorbed in the story of four-year-old girl abandoned on a ship to Australia in 1913. The narrative takes you across the world and back in time as the mystery of who this little girl was, where she was from and how she ended up all alone in a shipyard on the other side of the world unravels.

The Daily News described this book as "a long, lush, perfectly escapist read" and I concur! I would definitely recommend taking this book on a holiday with you.

In fact, Morton's debut novel The House at Riverton is waiting for me at the library and it's coming on vacation with me this Friday.

Here's hoping Annika will let me get some reading done while we're away...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book too. I'm hoping Costco will eventually carry her debut novel so I can buy it. I love it when I find a "new" author!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!