October 2011 - Fright Night
- we have already chosen Dracula by Bram Stoker
- host: Kate
November 2011 - Reader's Choice
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- we checked out this book at the Sept meeting and decided to go ahead with this one. Costco has it for a good deal or you may need to get on the wait list at the library right away in order to have it read by early Nov. :-)
- host: Karen
December 2011 - Library Kit?
- nice and easy for a busy time of year. Kate posted the complete list of kits available from the Hamilton Public Library - click on "HPL Book club kits" in the side bar to see that list. Have a look and see if any strike your fancy.
- alternatively, we could do a cookbook (The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Jamie Oliver's Kitchen or Meals in Minutes and Nigel Slater's The Kitchen Diaries for example).. and then we could make a recipe from the book to share?
- host: Chandra
* We have talked a number of time about doing a his/hers book club meeting where we invite our husbands to join us in reading and then come along to the meeting too. Any interest in that this winter? Maybe in January or February? Any ideas about what book to read together?
January 2012 - Change your World
- host: Michelle
- we try to read a biography or autobiography here. Suggestions?
- I'm no big Oprah fan, but there is no denying that she is a major influence in North American culture today. Since she's finished her regular show there are several books about her life out - any interest in that?On that same theme, we could also read:
February 2012 - Be My Valentine
- host: Tessa
March 2012 - The Classics
- host: Kate
- we still had The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper on our hit list.
Other options include....
April 2012 - Reader's choice
- host: Tanya
- Anyone want to be in charge of this month? you choose the book and take care of discussion questions and a menu
May 2012 - Forgotten Favorites
- host: Erin
- we still have Anne of Green Gables on our hit list. Other suggestions? You can check out this master list of children's classics here.