Friday, June 8, 2012
Coming Up... July 2012 - December 2012
What an exciting and varied lineup for the next couple of months! Here's the updated lowdown. Please mark the dates on your calendar as the summer gets busy. We'll go ahead with the meetings this summer as long as 4 or 5 people can make it. If there are less, we'll leave the decision to meet or set a new date up to the hostess.
July 2012- Travels to Remember
- host: Tessa
- date: Thursday, July 5th
- book A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle.
The first two chapters were great, so we figured we'll just go with this one! I now have a list of 14 recommended travel books so we have lots of ideas for next July too (thanks Kate and Erin!)
August 2012- Library Kit
- host: Melissa
- date: Thursday August 2nd
- book - Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Amanda will take care of picking up the books, which will be distributed at the July meeting.
* The books will be handed out at the July meeting and collected again after the August meeting so if you miss either one, you'll have to make arrangements to get your book to/from Amanda.
September 2012- Reader's Choice
- host: Trish
- date: Thursday, Sept 6th
- book: When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin. Please let Trish know asap if you have already read this one. If several people have read it, then she will pick another book by this author.
October 2012- Mystery Night
- host: Karen
- date: Thursday, October 4th
- book: Death Comes to Pemberly by PD James (based on the characters in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Perfect - since we've read that too!)
Disregard the confusion about availability :-)
November 2012- Muckraking Madness
- host: Chandra
- date: Thursday, November 1st
- book: Factory Girls by Leslie Chang
December 2012- Get Cooking!
- host: Sherrie
- date: Thursday, December 6th
- book: Last Dinner on the Titanic by Archbold and McCauley
Posted by TM at 5:29 AM