Meeting Details - It's couples night! Bring your hubby along to Matt and Shelagh's on Friday, Feb 6th at 7:30.
- Did you like the book? Why or why not?
- Have you see the web-comic (https://what-if.xkcd.com/) before? If so, did that make you more/less excited to read the book? How is the web-comic the same or different from the book?
- Remember the teachers who told you over the years that there was no such thing as a stupid questions? Do you think Randall Munroe would agree? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
- Was there a question that Randall Munroe quotes in the book that you had wished he would have answered?
- Guys: what was your favorite question in the book? What did you like about it?
- Girls: What was your favorite question in the book? What did you like about it?
- This book combines humor with philosophical musings and serious science. Did you enjoy the humor? Did the humor help interest you in the "serious" part of the answers?
- Did you learn anything new from this book? What was it?
- Did you find any errors in the science in this book? (hint: there are a few!)
- Do you have a question for Randall Munroe to answer? What would you like to know?
- Upon reading reviews of "What If?" It has been suggested that Randall Munroe should author a science textbook for middle school/high school students. Do you agree with this suggestion?
- Would you recommend this book to anyone? Who and why?
Menu: What if.. you could eat all your favorite things tonight?
'What If'...each couple brought their favourite dessert and/or savoury dish/appetizer to share with the group?
Sweet and Sour Chicken Bites - S and R
Jalepeno Popper and Olive Cheese Bread - J and T
Skor Trifle - S and R
Cherry Cheese Cake - J and T
Matt and I will also provide the beverages.
Please add a comment with what you plan to bring once you've decided!