July - Travels to Remember... a travelogue from anywhere around the world
August - Library Kit
- see HPL book club kits on the side bar for options
October - Mystery Night
November - Muckraking Madness
- Brandwashed by Martin Lindstrom (about the effects of advertising)
- The Bitter Cry of Children by John Spargo ( published in 1906 concerning the horrors of child labour)
- Welcome to Shirley by Kelly McMasters (a memoir about growing up in a town polluted by nuclear waste and chemical spills)
- The Saturday Night Special by Robert Sherril
- here's a helpful list of best muckraking books ; and other list of muckrakers
- other suggestions?
- A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg
- Sous Chef by Michael Gibney.
- My Paris Kitchen Recipes and Stories by David Lebovitz
- A Kitchen in France by Mimi Thorisson
- The Broad Fork by Hugh Acheson
- other suggestions? We looking for good food with a bit of a "story" to it :-)
Please pop into the comments (or the post itself) and add any suggestions that you may have.
If you are unable to make the May meeting, please add a comment with your preferences here so we can take them into account. Thanks!