Saturday, May 12, 2018

May 2018: The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley



The War That Saved My Life 
by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

Meeting on Tuesday, May 15 at Tamara's house (address in email).  Come anytime after 7:30, with discussion to start at 8:00


Discussion Questions - to come...





















Menu - British Eats!

Ada spends a lot of time in the book marvelling over the variety of good food that Susan has in her home - and the fresh food.  So, our theme will be "British Eats", with some fresh additiions.  Some of the ideas use the fried sausage and eggs from their breakfasts, or are in honour of their Christmas dinner with Roast Goose...Or feel free to add your own favourite British dish!!!

Appetizers/Mains

Tray with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, snap peas or anything else fresh!
Cauliflower, Broccoli and Mustard Soup
Devils on Horseback (bacon wrapped dates)
Roast Goose (or Chicken)
Beef Stew
Fried sausages or Sausage Rolls - Tessa
Bubble and Squeak
Vegetable Fritatta (to use the eggs they have at breakfast) - Karen
Mini meat pies


Desserts

Banoffee Pie
Sponge Cake with fruit sauce
Raspberry Tarts - Emily?

Drinks provided by Tamara - there will be tea, of course!!



5 comments:

  1. I am not sure if I can come- Andrew has a 'maybe' visit. But if I do I will bring raspberry tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure yet if I'll be there or not. I was planning to, but I'm teaching today and not feeling too well. I'll see if I feel any better by this evening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be there. I am going to bring a beef pie.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!