1) What is your vision for book club?
An interesting (thought provoking) discussion on books that I might not otherwise have picked up to read.
2) What do you hope to get out of the club? What do you hope to contribute?
An appreciation for different types of books. I hope to be able to contribute some intelligent insights.
3) Suggest one helpful guideline for discussion.
Appreciate the thoughts/ideas of others.
4) What are a few of your favorite books?
Kite runner, also just working through The Book of Negroes- am pretty sure this will become a favorite. I am not very good at remembering names of books so I would be hard pressed to come up with some names of other books.
5) How much do you typically read? (for example: # of books/week or month or year)
At least one book per month- I would love to have the time to read more though.
6) What is your most commonly read genre? what is your least favorite genre? What genre have you never really read (and maybe always wanted to..) ?
I will pretty much read anything. I have not been able to complete a “Science Fiction” type book yet!
7) What kind of books would you like to read in book club? More of your favorites? Something new? Any specific titles?
No requests yet?
8) What characteristics does a book need to make it a good discussion book?
The book needs to be something more than a “fluff” book- strong characters, controversy helps discussion.
9) Do you like to cook/bake? What are you favorite things to make/eat?
Yes I do like to cook and bake. My favorite things tend to be things that most of the family likes.
10) Do you like to experiment with new recipes, ingredients or cooking techniques? Would you like to cook/bake or eat new things in book club?
I do like to experiment with new recipes- especially when they turn out great! I would be more than willing to contribute for the book club.
11) What kind of menus would you like to see in book club? Would you prefer low-effort, simple snacks or more inventive meals? Or some of both?
Variety is good.
12) Give an example of a book that you've read and a dish that you could serve with that book to enhance the experience.
Nothing coming to mind.