Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sniper One by Sgt. Dan Mills (2007)


After reading the Cellist of Sarajevo, I spotted this book in Jon's collection. Thinking it may help me to understand "Arrow" a little better, I picked it up and read it.

I really enjoyed this book - it is written by a hard-core military type, and explores a British battalion's 6 month experience during an intense, non-stop firefight while isolated in a walled compound in Iraq. Trained for a peace-keeping mission, they soon found that they were fighting for their very lives. This book is full of the same kind of real-life tension, heroism and agony that make the Cellist of Sarajevo so gripping, but is written for a different kind of audience. I really admire men like Sgt. Dan Mills and his "boys" and his first hand account of combat is a real eye opener.


Recommended: for any fan of military history in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!