Patch Adams talks about all kinds of things that are necessary for keeping healthy... and it's not all about knowing the magic foods or taking the magic pill.
Here is some "Food for Thought:"
1) When you think healthy food, what is the first food that comes to your mind?
2) What is the strangest food you've ever eaten?
3) Name one healthy food that you could eat every day.
4) Name one healthy food you know you should eat, but just can't stomach.
5) On a scale of 1 to 10, how healthy do you think you eat? (1 being nothing but McD's and potato chips, 10 being nothing but health food)
6) Organic - better for you?
7) Local - better for you?
8) Home grown/home made - better for you?
9) Ever tried a fad diet? How did it work out for you? Would you do it again?
10) What is one thing that you would like to change this coming year to eat healthier?
Bonus points: name any book (or cookbook?) that inspires you to eat healthier.
Please try to complete this questionaire before the January meeting!