Thursday, January 7, 2010

Questionnaire - Kate

1) When you think healthy food, what is the first food that comes to your mind?

Spinach

2) What is the strangest food you've ever eaten?

It's really not that strange, but I used to get made fun of for having Branston Pickle on my sandwiches when I was at school. Branston Pickle is a British chutney that I still love to this day (and I've even converted Mike), but the kids used to say I had snails on my sandwich.

3) Name one healthy food that you could eat every day.

I'm gonna agree with the others - yoghurt.

4) Name one healthy food you know you should eat, but just can't stomach.

I'm having trouble thinking of anything for this question. Tessa said beets and I don't think I like them, but I'm not sure I've ever actually tried them.

5) On a scale of 1 to 10, how healthy do you think you eat? (1 being nothing but McD's and potato chips, 10 being nothing but health food)

I'd give myself a 7. I try to eat pretty healthy foods and I never eat at fast food restaurants, but I'm by no means a health food nut. And I have no will power when it comes to sweets and cheese!

6) Organic - better for you?

After watching the documentary "Food Inc." over the holidays, I looked into the health benefits of organic and I wasn't convinced that it's that much better for you. I'm still a little unsure of what exactly constitutes "organic". Seems to be a buzz word at the moment.

I would be interested in learning more about this if anyone has any info.

7) Local - better for you?

I definitely think that local foods are better for you and I think it's important to support local farmers (again, "Food Inc." really enforced this). It's so much better when foods can ripen on the vine instead of on the way to the store.

8) Home grown/home made - better for you?

Again, yep. And it tastes better and it's better for your budget!

9) Ever tried a fad diet? How did it work out for you? Would you do it again?

I'm not a diet person at all. I'd much rather exercise, so I can eat what I want. I love food too much to deprive myself of it!

10) What is one thing that you would like to change this coming year to eat healthier?

Drink more water!

I think I remember Sherrie telling us about "In Defense of Food" before...maybe this would be a good book to study one month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!