Thursday, January 20, 2011

Questionnaire - Kate

bibliophile (n) a person who loves (and usually collects) books

A bibliophile has books on her wish list. What books were under the tree for you this year?

Just one this year: Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Wall

A bibliophile has a book on the go. What are you reading lately?


Just finished Reading Lolita in Tehran
And I’ve already started on Diary of an Ordinary Woman… so far so good!


A bibliophile can't resist passing books around. What's the last book you loaned out or borrowed?

I loaned The Book Thief to Tessa and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson to my sister-in-law.

I just finished The Distant Hours by Kate Morton if anyone wants to borrow my copy!

A bibliophile has a "must read" list on the go. What's on your must-read-list for 2011?

Last Christmas, my Mom gave me all 4 books from Paul Scott’s Raj Quartet and I haven’t touched them yet. I’d like to get through at least the first one, Jewel in the Crown, this year.
A bibliophile loves to talk about books. Write a short (1-2 paragraphs is fine) review of a recently read book telling us what you liked and/or disliked about it. No PhD in English Lit, required. :-)

I recently read Hannah’s Dream by Diane Hammond and I LOVED it! It’s basically a love story between a man and an elephant. Sounds weird when I put it like that, but I promise it’s not. Sam has been taking care of Hannah, the Max L. Biedelman Zoo's star elephant for 41 years. Sam’s health is declining and he needs to retire, but he can’t do that without knowing that Hannah is going to be well taken care of. This is the story of the people who love Hannah and what they have to do to save her, even if it costs them dearly. This book is full of lovable characters and it will make you see zoos in a new light.

1 comment:

Tell us what you think!