Ready to choose some books again? Please take some time to scroll through this list (and follow links) so that you are ready to choose books at our May meeting. I just copied our list from last year, deleted the books we choose and added in a few additional options. If you have an additional suggestions for one/more categories, please edit the post to add it to the list so that we can all check it out too.
- see HPL book club kits on the side bar for options
- Library Kit suggestions:
- The Birth House by Ami MacKay
- Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden
- Sweetness in the Belly by Camilla Gibb
- any other suggestions?
- The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Invisible Man by HG Wells
- Les Miserable by Victor Hugo
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Truman Capote
- any other classic you've always thought you should read but never got around to yet....
- The Bitter Cry of Children by John Spargo ( published in 1906 concerning the horrors of child labour)
- Welcome to Shirley by Kelly McMasters (a memoir about growing up in a town polluted by nuclear waste and chemical spills)
- here's a helpful list of best muckraking books ; and other list of muckrakers
- Bet the Farm by Fredrick Kaufman
- other suggestions?
Please pop into the comments and add any suggestions that you may have. I'll add those to the list so that everyone can check them out and think about them before the May meeting so that we can choose books at that meeting.
If you are unable to make the May meeting, please add a comment with your preferences here so we can take them into account. Thanks!